Classic Period Style Home in West Mackay
When we think of Queenslanders, we always think of West Mackay first as that is where the majority of period style homes can be found.
Some have already been renovated but sometimes you are lucky and find one on which you can put your own stamp.
This is your lucky day!
22 Tait Street, West Mackay is such a home. It was built in 1936 and comes with features such as large living spaces, high ceilings and a fabulous 827m2 block.
• The property has three bedrooms – the master with a built-in robe and air conditioning.
• A sunroom entrance.
• Lounge approximately 4m x 4.5m
• Plaster ceilings in the lounge and Bed 1 which need some TLC but are going to be so worth the effort
• A huge kitchen dining room that runs the entire width of the rear of the home that leads to a rear patio where you can pick up the easterly breezes
• A sleepout on the western side
• Beautiful pine floorboards except in the third bedroom or sleepout which has hardwood floorboards. All the flooring has been covered with carpet and vinyl for many years so it should be in excellent
• The second bathroom is downstairs which can be accessed securely via stairs that lead from the patio upstairs to the downstairs rooms
• There are two rooms downstairs that are primarily storerooms. One of them is fully lined and both are lockable.
• There is 3 phase power to the home but not to the shed.
• The 9 x 6 meter shed is powered and has a paved area at the front suitable for parking a caravan or boat.
• The back boundary borders the old railway corridor and is considered parklands at this point.
• For those renovators – most of the posts are core filled block with a few being the original timer and several others galvanised steel.
• Underneath the external wall cladding is timber weatherboard.
Please call for a private inspection.
Shirley began her real estate career in January 2000 as a Property Manager with one of Mackay’s largest real estate businesses. Shirley has since developed her skills and understanding of the industry by actively working as a sales consultant for several years before owning her own business and using her vast experience to operate and oversee both Property Management and Sales.
Shirley has been a fully Licensed Real Estate Agent since 2002 and prides herself on being a true professional who is constantly kept up to date with a changing industry through education and learning. You can never know everything but it always helps to know where to get the best information and training.
One of her goals is to build a team of like minded professionals who work under the same philosophies and beliefs with the goal of delivering the best service to all of her clients and customers and to have them as lifelong friends who will continually refer family and associates to her business.